Monday, January 27, 2014

ARC Review: The Wild Side by Magan Vernon

The Wild Side
(Forever Wild #4)
Author: Magan Vernon
Published: January 21, 2014
Genre: New Adult
Source: eARC from the author

~Synopsis~
The Wild Side is the fourth book in the Forever Wild Serial. (This is a six part series with one book releasing every 3 weeks) 
Nothing in Valerie Wilder’s life has been the same since she married Wild Wes.
When her two closest work friends drop a bombshell on her, she shouldn’t have really been surprised. 
But their unexpected news means she'll have to answer to her former friend with benefits, Max Green. 
And all of this just in time for a visit from her little sister Melanie and her boyfriend John “John Boy” Walden. 
Now Valerie just has to figure out to see where walking on the wild side takes her and if staying Mrs. Wild is going to be worth it for her career and her heart.


~Review~

Ok peeps, we’re only 2 episodes away from finding out if Valerie and Wes are gonna ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. This episode is back in the mind of Valerie and she is definitely feeling it with Wes. Her feelings for him are clear as day to me but I think she is really good at hiding them from Wes. I feel like he wears his heart on his sleeve and Valerie guards hers heavily.

Max is still a total douche who wants back what he lost and is using every trick in the book to try and manipulate Valerie. I was super glad to see that, while she is still flustered by him, she doesn’t allow him to come between her and Wes and she doesn’t allow him to influence her. Wes seems like a confident guy but Max brings out his insecure side and I think Valerie did an amazing job at reassuring him. She has a huge opportunity but it will require her to work with Max. I’m really getting impatient, waiting for someone to junk punch Max already. If it could be Valerie, that would be great.

Once again, Val and Wes has some super sweet and tender moments together (and they’re steamy too)! I really feel like Wes is putting it all out there and I can definitely see and feel his love for Valerie. It seems so obvious but Valerie has a lot of self-esteem issues and she really can’t understand how a guy like Wes could love her. She is beautiful, smart , feisty and successful. Wes sees all of these things and he treats her like a queen. It seems like they are moving towards a real marriage but there’s time for one of them to screw up.

Overall, another successful episode and I really enjoyed the romantic interactions between Wes and Val. I also loved that Melanie and John made an appearance. Valerie could use some good sisterly advice and Mel was there to help her out. The end of this episode was super sweet and I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen next.

~IPOD Pick~

“Complicated” by Rihanna


PURCHASE LINKS:

4 comments:

  1. Gahh I love it when the steamy moments are also sweet... I just feel like those show so much more about the relationship between the characters. Great review Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually go for serials, but this sounds good! I'll probably wait until they're all out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh cool that it's a 6 part series! Haha about the junk punching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check out this series! Max sounds like a real jerk, and Wes sounds amazing! I love a man that can bring sweet, tender, and steamy moments! I read a book by Magan Vernon, and I really enjoyed it, so I think I need to check this series out! Wonderful Review Chelsea :)


    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!