Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"Save me and I'll save you..."~ Review: Nocte by Courtney Cole

Author: Courtney Cole
Publisher: Lakehouse Press, Inc.
Publication Date: November 3, 2014
Genre: Mystery
Source: Purchased via Amazon

~Synopsis~

Save me and I'll save you...

My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole. 
My other half-- my twin brother, my Finn-- is crazy. 

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline. 

Dare DuBray. 

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me. 

He has the power to destroy me. 

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt. 

Why? Because of a secret. 

A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming. 

You won’t either.



~Review~


Holy crap! This book blew me out of the water. I love Courtney Cole; she is a talented writer who has proved to me that she can cross any genre and slay it. Nocte was so much different than anything I have read from her and I was enchanted. I couldn't put this book down; I couldn't stop until I hit the very end. I have been awakened, brought out of my new adult/romance hole and enlightened to how much I truly enjoy a good thriller/mystery.

Calla and Finn are twins. They have that connection that only twins can understand and they do anything and everything together. But Finn suffers. Finn fights the voices in his head. Finn needs Calla. In the wake of a tragedy, Calla struggles with guilt and fear. She knows Finn is slipping and she isn't sure how to save him. When Calla meets Dare, she is instantly drawn to him. She knows he is drawn to her too but he fights it. He is hiding something, something that clearly has to do with her. However, for the first time in her life, she feels free; she feels like her own person. Finn loves Calla and he doesn't want to hold her back but he also feels jealousy. He needs her and Dare will take her away. The louder the voices get, the more secrets are revealed. Finn's hiding something and when Calla finds out, it changes everything.

This book is a total mind twist. It is unpredictable and full of mystery. I wanted to keep reading simply to find out what the hell everyone is hiding. Dare has secrets. Finn has secrets and I want to know them all. I felt Calla's desperation and Finn's loss of control as if they were my own. Courtney Cole pulls you into the story, makes you the characters and drives you mad until the very end. The writing was incredible, the plot was thick and well developed. There is a cliff hanger and while I hate them, I can't be mad at Courtney for it because this is a mystery series and she has to keep us on our toes. Verum comes out in 62 days (yes, I'm counting) and I'm impatiently waiting.


PURCHASE LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!