Sunday, September 8, 2013

ARC Review: Everything for Us by M. Leighton

Everything For Us
The Bad Boys #3
Author: M. Leighton
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Publication Date: September 3, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance

~Synopsis~
Olivia Townsend’s wealthy cousin Marissa had everything a girl could ask for—a great job, a privileged life, and all the friends she wanted. Or, at least, all the friends money could buy. But one case of mistaken identity has turned her privileged world upside down.

An abduction gone wrong lands her right in the lap of the sexiest, most dangerous man she’s ever met. To Marissa, he’s an enigma, but one to whom she’s irresistibly, inexplicably drawn.

With him comes a new world of freedom and passion, of dark shadows and dangerous secrets, a world where nothing is what it seems—except for the blind passion that Marissa can’t escape—or maybe even survive.



~Review~

Everything for Us is the third installment in The Bad Boys series and now the plot has really thickened.  If you haven’t read Down to You or Up to Me, there may be some spoilers within this review.

Cash and Olivia have both overcome their insecurities about their relationship and they have shared every part of their heart and soul. Now, what’s most important to Cash, is keeping Olivia safe. Nash has reappeared and he’s ready to help Cash fight to brink justice for their mother and father and he wants to keep Marissa safe. Down to You and Up to Me was all about Cash and Olivia but Everything for Us is Nash and Marissa’s story. I thought Cash and Olivia had chemistry but holy hotness, Nash and Marissa blow them away.

Nash has a lot of issues. He is angry and constantly fueled by his bitterness and rage. He feels the pull and connection to Marissa but he is constantly trying to deny it and I think it’s because he is afraid of the way she makes him feel. For so long he has been numb and Marissa brings life back to him. I have to say that I love Nash even more than Cash. He’s more broody but he is also fiercely alpha and very protective.

“I guess it just shows what the love of a good woman can do for a man. It can fix all the broken pieces and heal all the old wounds.”

I actually liked Marissa, a lot. This really surprised me because she is a raging bitch in Down to You. However, she goes through a very traumatic experience and it really puts things into perspective for her. She does a complete 360 and really changes. She actually admires Olivia and really respects her. She has been so terrible to her and she works really hard to make it up to her. Marissa made some disappointing discoveries about her life and her relationship with her father and she found herself a little lost. I loved her growth in this book, probably more than any other MC I have read recently.

“Hearts don’t break even. One person is usually more hurt while the other is more relieved.”

The whole gang is working furiously to put the big wigs of the Russian Mafia behind bars to get justice for Cash & Nash’s mom as well as free their father from prison. They also desperately want revenge for Marissa and Olivia’s kidnapping. While this is a big part of the plot, the main plot point is the growing attraction and relationship between Nash and Marissa. They are both going through a lot of changes and finding themselves and who they want to be in the future. A big part of that future is whether or not it can be together. They both have a lot to work through and Marissa doesn’t know if Nash can get past his demons and make it work. As much as they fought their attraction, they certainly had some steamy chemistry and I loved it. I admired Marissa for her openness with Nash and I was devastated when he left. However, I felt like the time apart was good for both of them and it allowed the cloud of lust to lift and gave them both a chance to really find themselves and figure out what they wanted. When Nash came back, their passionate night together felt a lot like a goodbye and I really wasn’t sure what was going to happen. However, I think this scene was my favorite part of the whole book.

“You are perfect for me. Already. You’re everything I didn’t know I needed, but everything I always knew I wanted.”

Overall, I really enjoyed this entire series. I loved the mix of suspense and romance and the plowed flowed so well between all 3 books. I really liked that this book was a continuation of the first 2 but was written from a different perspective. The writing was really well done and I can’t wait to check out another M. Leighton book.

~IPOD Picks~
“Still Into You” by Paramore
“Broken Angel” by Boyce Avenue
“Between the Raindrops” by Lifehouse Feat. Natasha Bedingfield


PURCHASE LINKS:

*An eBook copy was provided to me by the author and the publisher through NetGalley for a fair and honest review. All opinions expressed are my own and unbiased.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!