Friday, February 22, 2013

Lux Series: Obsidian, Onyx, Opal

My oh my, what can I say about the Lux Series, except for that I love it! I will admit that I have re-read the first 3 books 3 times because I just can't get enough of Daemon. I love him and that would make me a cougar but since he is just a character in a book, I am okay with that.

The Lux series will be a total of 5 books and the first 3 books are available now with the fourth book, Origins, out in July. It is a para-normal romance centered around Katy, a human girl and Daemon, an Alien boy. Katy and Daemon have this explosive relationship that drags you in from the moment they first spout their hateful words to each other. You can feel the heat and chemistry between them rolling off the pages, especially when they go back and forth with witty insults to each other.

Jennifer Armentrout has a unique writing style that I really enjoy because her books have some of the most dialogue of any that I have read and the dialogue is what makes this book for me. I often find myself laughing out loud when Daemon says things like "Very Bad Kitten." I can imagine the smirk on his face when he says it and it makes me laugh and then my husband gives me weird looks.

I'm not going to say anything about the plot of these books because I don't want to give anything away but I will say that I think it has an exceptional plot. However, my real love for the books is due to the interaction between Katy and Daemon and I could read them a thousand times more just for that.

If you like para-normal romance novels then I highly recommend you read the Lux series and I hope I inspire a few people to get as addicted to the books as I am.




 Also, check out Jennifer's website. She is super awesome and she posts some scenes from the books in Daemon's POV and they are to die for. http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/

2 comments:

  1. I just bought the first one since I keep hearing such great things about this series...thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I am so glad I could help inspire you to check out the series. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!