Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/meme created by The Broke & the Bookish. Here we list our top ten picks for the topic.
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books Book to Movie Adaptations: Best & Worst
I love when books are made into movies but sometimes they do them justice and sometimes they don't. Here are my picks for best and worst movie adaptations.
1. Angels & Demons: I love this movie and could watch it multiple times. However, the book is ten times better and I think that the movie could have been made better to do it more justice.
2. Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince: I can and will watch all Harry Potter movies over and over again. However, HP 6 is probably my least favorite movie and I think they skipped some much needed scenes that could have been included in place of others.
3. Hunger Games: I loved this book and the movie was definitely worth seeing. However, I think they made some unnecessary changes and skipped some really important parts.
4. Water for Elephants: I adored this book but did not care for the movie at all.
5. Beautiful Creatures: I didn't care for this book and I felt exactly the same way for the movie. It was definitely not my cup of tea.
1. Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire: This is my favorite out of all the books and it is also my favorite movie out of all of them.
2. Marley & Me: This book and movie is the reason I do not do books and movies with animals. I seriously bawled my eyes out!!
3. P.S. I Love You: This movie makes me cry every single time I watch it. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Laughing one minute and crying the next.
4. The Time Traveler's Wife: This movie was so moving and I felt like the book kind of made the Time Traveling thing a little creepy and the movie didn't do that for me.
5. A Walk to Remember: This is an all time favorite romantic movie. I love Mandy Moore and Shane West together and I actually liked this movie better than the book.
What's on your best & worst movie adaptations?