Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher

Dirty Red
(Love Me with Lies #2)
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Published: December 21, 2012
Genre: Contemporary/Suspense
Source: Purchased

~Synopsis~
Dear Opportunist, 

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever. 

Dirty Red


Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her marriage feels more like a loan than a lifelong commitment, and the image she has worked so hard to build is fraying before her eyes. With a new role and a past full of secrets, Leah must decide how far she is willing to go to keep what she has stolen.


~Review~

Dirty Red is the sequel to The Opportunist and is from Leah's POV. We also get her story and side when it comes to how she met Caleb and the role she played in the events that have shaped their lives. I was a bit nervous to read this book because The Opportunist was full of WTFery and I wasn't sure I was ready for that kind of crazy again. I think I hate Leah even more now and I didn't know that was possible. However, as usual, the writing in this book was fantastic and the author once again grabbed me from the beginning and wouldn't let go until the end. She continues to amaze me with her ability to surprise me and the plot is NEVER predictable. My mind was blown more than a few times.

I've never read a book from the villain's POV so that was a new experience. Leah is definitely a top my most hated character list and Dirty Red only cemented her spot. She is WICKED and I put that in all caps because she deserves it. She definitely takes manipulation to a whole other level and it's obvious she would do anything to ensure Caleb stays hers. She hasn't exactly had the most loving and nurturing upbringing and I did feel a smidge of sadness for her. However, it's hard to feel to bad for someone who is truly evil to the core. 

While Dirty Red wasn't as mind-blowingly crazy as The Opportunist, it definitely had it's share of shocking moments. Just when I thought I knew what was going on, Tarryn would shock the hell out of me. This series is full of intrigue, suspense and downright crazy. I can't wait to finish off with Caleb's side as the story continues and concludes with Thief. Who will end up with who? It's anyone's guess at this point.
~IPOD Picks~
“Still Into You” by Paramore
“Lovesick Fool” by The Cab


PURCHASE LINKS:

2 comments:

  1. You know, I was dreading this one so much because UGH LEAH but I actually enjoyed i!! yes. I can't wait -- WHAT is going to happen?? I'm prepared for anything. (IT WAS ALL A DREAM) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kind of dreading this one too but it was way better than I thought. There is something about Tarryn's writing that pulls me in and locks me! Haha, If it was all a dream, I'd die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!