Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Through the Ever Night

Through the Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers



Usually most people find the middle book of a series to be disappointing but I actually liked Through the Ever Night better than Under the Never Sky. I felt like I was able to grasp onto the characters more and who they really were. The development of Aria and Perry in this book was much stronger than the first. Aria is a strong character and that is highlighted so much more by the way she handles each situation that she goes through. I also liked that she brought out the soft side of Perry and brought out his tenderness which rounded out his character. There were a few times when I wanted to punch him in the face but then he made the right choices. In the end, I loved him more than I did after the first.

While trying to find out where the still blue is located is the main focus of this book, I liked that there were sub plots with the mystery surrounding Cinder, his past and who he really is as well as Roar and his desire to find Liv. There is so much romance, heartbreak, mystery and thrilling action in this book that I found myself wanting to bite my nails at times with anticipation. There are betrayals that are unexpected and unusual alliances that will be brought forth. It left me standing on pins and needles for Into the Still Blue (2014, yikes)!

Image Source: Goodreads

IPOD Picks
Gravity- Sara Bareilles
Try- Pink
I Knew You Were Trouble- Taylor Swift
Wild One- Flo Rider

2 comments:

  1. I only like sub plots when they are done well and tie into the story so that will be interesting to read about. I'm so glad to hear that Aria improves. I really like the title for the final book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I really liked it alot. I look forward to reading your review and what you thought about it. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!