Wednesday, November 6, 2013

HO HO HO Read-a-Thon: A Weekend of Holiday Fun!

Ho-Ho-Ho-read-a-thon

Tomorrow begins the weekend Ho Ho Ho Read-a-Thon hosted by Kimba @ Caffenateied Book Reviewer and Jennifer @ Bawdy Book Blog

I love the holidays and I am a Christmas movie junkie so I am so excited to discover all of these amazing Christmas books and novellas to help put me in the spirit of the season. It is supposed to be wet and windy here in Seattle this weekend so I can't wait to cozy up on the couch by the fireplace with my kindle in hand and some coffee or hot cocoa. 

I have picked up a lot of great holiday reads and I am super excited to pick up a few of them this weekend. The 12 NA's is a string of Christmas novellas by some amazing NA authors that were just released on Nov 1st and I have been collecting them to read. I have the opportunity to review a couple of them next week so they are perfect for this read-a-thon!

Here are the Christmas reads I plan to throw in this weekend!

Christmas Catch by Chelsea Cameron
This will be my first Chelsea Cameron book and I am super excited to read this one. I will be reviewing Christmas Catch for an ARC review tour on November 14, so stop back by and see what I thought.


Two years ago, when Ivy Emerson bailed from the tiny fishing village she’d grown up in to go to Columbia, Sawyer McCallister was the only thing she was sad to leave behind, and she still didn’t look back. But when her mother guilts her into coming home for Christmas, she crashes headfirst into Sawyer, who’s also returned after being away. 
Now that they’ve both been dragged back to Saltwater, Maine, they might just realize it’s where they belong. Together.

**************************

Off the Market by Magan Vernon
I love Magan's books so I'm excited to read this one and see what kind of man she'll dazzle me with this time. I will be reviewing Off the Market for an ARC tour on November 13, so stop back by and see what I though.


Etta Davis didn't have showing a house penciled into her Christmas plans, but with the other realtors already off enjoying their holiday, she'd been stuck with the task. It wasn't all bad though, the house up for grabs used to belong to the family of her high school sweetheart, Andrew Lawson. Though now dilapidated, thanks to its current owners, it still held the power to bring back forgotten memories and turn the routine showing into something else entirely. Particularly when Andrew shows up, wanting to buy the house. Now Etta must decide whether a second chance is worth taking the house, and her heart, off the market

**************************

Cross Country Christmas by Tiffany King
I just adore Tiffany and No Attachments is one of my favorite NA's of the year so I knew I had to read this one for the read-a-thon.


With the holiday season upon her, Jamie Foster is once again stressed about making her yearly visit back home to Woodfalls, still single. Fate intervenes in the form of Grant Johnson, a boy she grew up with, who catches the same flight while returning home from a business trip.
When a malfunction sends their plane crashing down on the runway upon takeoff, Jamie and Grant decide to rent a car and make the nine-hundred-mile drive home together. Ironically for them, anything that can go wrong does as they face one hysterical hurdle after another.

Christmas may finally bring Jamie the gift of love she has always wanted if she and Grant can manage to overcome a few obstacles along the way. 

**************************

Warmth in Ice by A. Meredith Walters
I LOVED the Find You in the Dark series and Clay and Maggie are one of my favorite couples of the year for contemporary novels. They have been through so much together and I can't wait to get one more peak at them.


Clay and Maggie have gone through the dark and come out on the other side. For the first time, they are on this journey together. Fighting for something they both need and can’t live without…each other.

But a long distance relationship is hard. Particularly for two people who are still trying to build something solid on a shaky and troubled foundation. Clay is finally out of treatment and is living in an out patient halfway house. He struggles with what he wants to do and where he wants to go. Questions he worries he will never have the answers to. Maggie is trying to transition into college life and learning how to create a future with someone who is over a thousand miles away.

As the months pass and they struggle with being a part, old insecurities and fears take root and threaten a love that has come so far.

When Maggie decides to fly to Florida as a surprise for Clay on Christmas, she is unsure whether it will be the first step toward what they both desperately want or whether it could possibly be the end of it all.

But with the holidays approaching, Maggie and Clay are reminded that even when the days are coldest, you can still find the warmth and that hope and love are the greatest gifts of all.

*************************

If you are also participating in the read-a-thon, leave your link so I can stop by your post and check out the awesome books you'll be reading. Also, if you have any recommendations I would love to hear them. I am looking forward to reading a lot more holiday books in December.

Also, stop back by on Monday for my Ho Ho Ho Read-a-Thon VLOG recap!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!