Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Monthly Audio Reviews: One Tiny Lie & Pushing the Limits


Recently I discovered the amazingness of Amazon's Whispersync. They have partnered with Audible and if you own the eBook, you can get the audio version for an incredible discount. If you listen to the book and then want to read it, they will sync together to your last read/listened spot. I love it because I discovered that I sometimes don't have the patience to wait until I'm in the car the next time to see what's going to happen in a book and I have to jump in and continue at home by reading. Because of my lack of patience, I have started buying the audio version of books I have already read so I would actually be able to finish one. I need this since I have a 30-45 minute commute and the audiobooks seem to placate my commute rage.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. I decided to do a short review of my audios each month to give some insight into the audio version of the book. This month, I listened to One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker and Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. To see my book review of each book, you can click on the book review link after the review.

One Tiny Lie
Author: K.A. Tucker
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Published: June 11, 2013
Narrator: Elizabeth Louise

I love this series by K.A. Tucker and I adored One Tiny Lie, sitting down and reading it in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down. I equally enjoyed the audio version. Even though I knew what was going to happen, I anticipated every moment of this audio and still struggled to stop when I reached my destination. The narrator was fabulous and I really felt Livie in her voice. She also did incredible voice overs for the other characters and even added an impeccable Irish lilt to her Connor voice. I definitely felt like all the emotions that are pulled from reading the book were equally felt listening to someone else narrating it and the choice in narrator was perfect.
Click this link to read my book review of One Tiny Lie: One Tiny Lie: June 22, 2013

Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Enterprises
Publication Date: August 1, 2012
Narrators: MacLeod Andrews, Tara Sands

Pushing the Limits is a fantastic book and one of my favorite YA Contemporaries. Listening to it was equally enjoyable as reading it. I loved the narrators, especially for Noah and I felt like his voice was really representative of the character. I could picture Noah and feel the emotions almost as much from the audio as the book. I also felt that the narrator for Echo did a great job though some of her voice overs were a little over done for me. However, I could really picture Echo in her voice and I liked that. Overall, I was just as enthralled in the audio as the book and it was definitely worth a listen.
Click this link to read my book review of Pushing the Limits: Pushing the Limits: April l1, 2013

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know anything about the Whispersync. Thanks so much for the heads up!!! Going to check it out further now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that recently my Kindle offers me to read the book to me. And I was like "WTH??". I still prefer to get my audiobooks from Audible though. When I get out of the car and the book is just too good, I just keep on listening at home since I take the Ipod out of the car anyways. Then, I find some stuff to do, like doing the laundry, the dishes, cooking or else, so I can keep listening. ;)

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to spread the word. It is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting? I haven't been offered for it to read it to me :-) The Whisper sync is through Audible and they are super discounted if you own the eBook already. I got a couple audios that are regular $15 for $2.99.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like the reading sample from Amazon. You can have the first chapters read to you as an audio. But only for the ones available on Audible. I was a bit irritated first, thought it would be some stupid computer voice from the Kindle reading but it isn't. Quite nice, actually. But then, I already have enough audiobooks waiting for me from Audible already. (Though the German Audible doesn't have those great prices for any books. Sucks!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!