Sunday, September 8, 2013

Seattle Author Event Book Haul




Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go to my first ever big author signing here in Seattle. It was so amazing and I got to meet some awesome authors. I pre-ordered most of my books from Amazon but picked up a few strays while I was there. I also got to meet my blogging bestie, Wendy at Bookscents. We met on twitter and chat all the time so it was awesome meeting her and attending this event together. Meeting a blogging friend is the best because we never run out of things to talk about so standing in lines didn't even faze me.  I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun without her. 




So I actually started my day off at Barnes & Noble where I picked up this super cute book bag and daily planner to be signed. I knew there was no way I could buy a book from every author so I bought this 2014 planner to have the authors I didn't have books for sign.



I felt like the event was really well organized and they had one big line that weaved through the room so you could stop at each author's table and get books signed, pictures taken and chat them up. All of the authors were super nice and really great! However, it was freaking hot in the room and I'm not very photogenic.

Me with S.C. Stephens. I got a copy of Thoughtless signed and she was really super nice.

Nicole Williams and I. I absolutely adore her books and I've read them all. I got a copy of Lost & Found and Near & Far signed. She was so sweet and she is really tall! I love her!

Colleen Hoover and I. Colleen was so super nice and I got a copy of Slammed as well as Hopeless for my blogging besties, Tonya & Danielle. She was also selling keychains and I picked up a Butterfly U keychain.

I haven't read any of J. Sterling's books yet but she was freaking awesome and a ton of fun so I grabbed The Perfect Game on Kindle and Audio when I got home and I can't wait to start. 

Cora was so chatty and super amazing!! She signed so much stuff for us and she talked about her inspiration for the characters. She signed Losing It and Faking it for me as well as a copy of Faking It for my blogging bestie, Jessica. She also signed lots of swag and bookmarks.
Oh and look at the replica of Hamlet she had there. The cat even has an angry face!

This was my first big signing and I had a blast! I spent a crap ton of money on books and came home with a huge haul of books and swag but it was worth every. single. penny. My shoulder may disagree after I had to carry the books home but it was worth it.

Check out my super awesome haul! I've already organized them on my bookshelf. Hehe!










18 comments:

  1. Nice haul! :D There are some awesome books in that stack! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul:)


    If you haven't signed up yet for my contest at: http://www.lexielaser.org/2013/08/exciting-news.html where the prize is Enchanted Fairytales by the amazing Indie-Author Cindy C Bennett and there'll be two lucky winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daaaaaang girl! Look at all those books! Hahaha! I don't blame you one bit, since I couldn't help myself at my signings either! The pictures look great- I'm glad you guys got to meet and had so much fun together! I agree- waiting in line would've been miserable without Tonya with me, so I'm glad you and Wendy met up! Thank you, thank you for Faking It!!! :D I sent both of your books out yesterday, so they should arrive late next week! Good luck reading The Perfect Game, lol. That's all I'll say about that! And I saw the idea of people bringing bags and notebooks to sign and that is such a SMART idea! I definitely need to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am go glad you were able to meet up with Wendy and y'all had a great time! It is defiantly a lot more fun with someone is with you. Although I dragged my neighbor to the RWA signing, we split up so I was on my own. And having Jess with me at the festival was SO MUCH FUN


    And DAMN. You got a LOT of books and awesome swag! (I was LOLing that you got the same signed bookmarks I sent you)


    You look great in ALL your pictures! I know that feeling though were you are all icky and feel like it shows in the pics bhahaha


    I thought of the bad idea a little late in the game but I am defiantly doing that next time. Smart girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am TERRIBLE. I haven't even unpacked my books yet and you already sent yours out. bahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Love that you had so much fun but super jealous that you and wendy got to meet, I want to hug you both so bad *sniff* I love your haul and OMG I adore your book bag!!! That is so awsome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay I had so much fun!! You're right, waiting in line for so long would've been so boring if I didn't have you there to chat with!! I had so much fun, so glad we got to meet!! We'll definitely have to get coffee when I'm back up here! Also, love the B&N book bag! Yeah, couldn't believe how hot it was in there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cute bookbag, it has immediately made me think I need one. Why, I don't even know as I mostly read kindle books but I now feel my life is incomplete LOL
    Delighted yourself and Wendy had a great day and the line up looked fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome Chelsea and I love the book bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I went a little crazy :-) I NEEDED them all! It was so fun meeting Wendy and we had a blast. I can't wait until we can all meetup at BEA! You are so welcome! Thank you again for getting me some books. I so appreicate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what I would have done if I had been by myself. I would have felt lonely and bored standing in line. So glad Wendy was in town. LOL, they just signed it and I took it :-) I went a little crazy on the books but I NEEDED all of them. HaHa, thanks for saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I know, I can't wait for us all to meet in person soon. I was so excited when I found it at B&N. I wasn't even looking for one but when I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was truly a blast. I am so glad we got to meet and go together. There is another signing on 10/24 in Vancouver. So sad you won't be up here. I may try to go and drag my hubby along with me :-) He can carry my book bag. Definitely text me next time you are in town and we will meet for coffee again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! I adore this bag and will need to think of many ways to use it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! You do need one :-) As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh there is? Cool! Who's going to be there?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ones I know so far are Cassie Leo, Raine Miller, Jay Crownover but I haven't seen the whole list. I think I am going to go so I'll let all you GWB girls know who'll be there in case y'all want something. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!