Sunday, September 15, 2013

Review: Devoured by Emily Snow

Devoured
Author: Emily Snow
Publisher:Touchstone
Publication Date: May 28, 2013
Genre: Erotic Romance

~Synopsis~
Sienna Jensen had no plans to return home when she graduated college last spring—after all, her dreams lie in California. But when she discovers her grandmother’s Nashville home has been foreclosed, and the new owner has started the eviction process, Sienna has no other choice but go back to Music City. And she comes face to face with the flawed, gorgeous man she never thought she’d see again. The man who now holds the deed to her grandma’s estate.

When millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe finds the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom, he’s both infuriated and intrigued. He still can't get the night Sienna almost spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as it was two years ago. He craves Sienna more than ever. And just like everything Lucas hungers for, he’s determined to have her.

Now, Lucas will do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, even if that means making a deal with her: ten days with him, playing by his rules, and he’ll hand over the deed to her grandmother’s home. Though she agrees to the arrangement, Sienna is conflicted. Because of her duty to her family. Because of promises she’s made to herself and a past that still haunts her. And as Lucas’s game of seduction continues, and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world and even darker background, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured.

*This novel contains adult situations and content*



~Review~

When I read the synopsis of this one, I was super excited to read it. I loved the sound of Lucas and I am a sucker for an alpha male so he is right up my alley. There’s no story like the one where a man has to bribe a woman to spend time with him only to have her fall in love. I’m actually not sure if I’m being sarcastic or not when I say that. I haven’t decided yet.

Sienna is timid, passive and she allows everyone in her life to walk all over her. She doesn’t stand up for herself to anyone, well anyone except Lucas. He is the only person that she has stood her ground with and he has noticed. Lucas broke her heart but she can’t deny the attraction she still has for him and the way he makes her body feel. Damn body, always betraying us. I liked Sienna because I felt like she really grew as a character. She was definitely a much stronger person by the end of this book and she became so much more assertive.

Lucas is an alpha male all the way and he is a sexy hot rockstar. Yeah, I can see the attraction, that’s for sure. However, I felt like he was a little disrespectful towards Sienna in the beginning and really talked down to her. He was a notch above alpha and borderline crazy controlling. He wants Sienna to be more assertive and not let people walk all over her but at the same time, he wants her to submit to him. Also, one minute he is talking about how much he wants her and how much she affects him and the next minute he is pushing her away and being a dick. Dude’s got multiple personality disorder I swear.

There is definitely attraction and chemistry between these 2 and the sexual tension and sex between them is steamy. However, they both have some issues and we all know that characters with issues tend to let these problems eff up their relationship. Sienna has mommy issues because her mom is a class A criminal who has put her and her brother through hell. Lucas clearly has some major secret he’s hiding that he will do anything to keep from getting out. At first, I really thought that Lucas was going to be a douche and take advantage of the situation with Sienna but he actually turned out to be really genuine and caring. It was clear that he had strong feelings for Sienna and he wanted her to be more than just another girl he beds. I really thought Sienna was going to fight the attraction hard and drive Lucas insane but I think she gave into the attraction pretty quickly. With a guy like Lucas, I can’t say that I blame her.

Overall, I enjoyed Devoured and I loved the steam between Sienna and Lucas. It was well written and easy to read. However, I felt like the plot was a little flat. There just wasn’t much depth and Lucas is a bit of a mystery. There is still a lot to learn about him and I am looking forward to reading Consumed and discovering the added depth to the storyline and the characters.

~IPOD Picks~
"Still Into You" by Paramore
"My Immortal" by Evanescence

*A paperback copy was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own and unbiased.*

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had heard some not so great things about this one, which is why I was hesitant to pick it up. Lucas doesn't really sound like my cup of tea though. Yes, I love an alpha, but not one who would talk down to the girl. Thanks for the heads up girl- I'll probably just pass on this one. (I need a NA break, LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I own this one but have never read it. It sounds really good but I wouldn't be able to tolerate Lucas is seems lol Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one, did you read the prequel it really sheds a lot of light on Lucas. I am suppose to be getting a copy of Consumed and cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess if you read the prequel novella, I heard you might like him better. He was a different kind of alpha male that I'm not really into. I hear you on the NA break. I need to get back into some YA for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I think Lucas may really drive you nuts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't read the prequel. I will have to read it and see if it changes my feelings towards Lucas. I am looking forward to reading Consumed. I think it sounds like it will have a lot more depth and I need to know his secret :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!