Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday @ Starbucks: Holiday Reads & a Salted Caramel Mocha

Saturday @ Starbucks is a weekly feature hosted by Starbucks & Books Obsession.


This week's topic is: 
Holiday Reads & a Salted Caramel Mocha

Featured Drink: Salted Caramel Mocha
Generally, I'm not a big fan of mochas because they are a little too sweet for me and I'm not a huge chocolate person but tis the season. I love Starbuck's seasonal drinks and the Salted Caramel Mocha is no exception. I usually get mine with only half of the chocolate but I love the contrast between the sweet and salty and that's why I love this drink.

DiscussionTopic: Holiday Reads
In all the past years, I've never really read anything different at the holidays or books specifically related to such. This is my first season as a blogger and I didn't realize there are so many books/novellas centered around the holidays. Most are Christmas but I love the season and I am super excited to do some Holiday reads this year to get me in the spirit. Here are a few I'm looking forward to reading.












What about you? Are you excited for any holiday themed reads this year?

11 comments:

  1. Great topic. I never really change what I read by season but at Christmas I make an exception. I love reading Christmas books (and watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music too). The one I bought last year was Dash and Lilys Book of Dares and it really got me in that Christmassy feel good mood.
    Love your suggestions, I'll keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about holiday themed reads this year. I am (as I see you are as well) participating in the HO HO HO holiday read-a-thon in November. I am planning to read Frigid by J Lynn, Snowed Over by Angie Stanton, and Holiday Hoax by Jennifer Probst. I am also looking forward to the Kent Brothers Series by Jaci Burton.

    I have been working on my goodreads Holiday Shelf so I am all ready for the holidays hehe


    Your picks look great - esp the 12 new adult novellas - I love new adult books. I recently read a halloween themed anthology which had 4 different halloween themed novallas in it, really got me in the mood for fall :)


    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay @ It's a Book LifeSeptember 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM

    I only read holiday themed books occasionally. If the mood hits or one sounds really good. I'm not a big chocolate person either but I'm thinking I need to give this drink a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh, that's interesting, I don't think I've ever really read "Christmas" books or anything. Christmas movies, yes, but not books! The 12 new adult novellas look interesting! Also, I do love salted caramel mochas but I feel like I can never finish them because they're so rich! I'll have to try it with half the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew there were Christmas "Reads" But I haven't really read any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I have never changed for the seasons before but I never realized how many Christmas books there are. I love Christmas movies so I am excited to get into the spirit of the holiday with books this year. I'll have to check out Dash and Lily's Book of Dares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am super excited for the HO HO HO holiday read-a-thon too! I will have to check out the books you listed. A few that I am looking for don't release until December so I think I'm going with Under the Mistletoe with Me, Christmas Kisses, and Big Girls do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try it with only half the chocolate and it isn't nearly as chocolatey or sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Christmas movies but had never thought about Christmas books. I'm excited to read a bunch to get me in the spirit of the holiday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never even thought about Christmas reads until this year but I'm excited to dive into some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't ever read any seasonal type reads either. I wouldn't mind a smexy one though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!