Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA 2013: Intro Post


This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA. I thought it would be fun since I couldn't get out to NYC for the BEA conference. To kick it off, we are asked to introduce ourselves so let me tell you a little about myself.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 
Hi! I am Chelsea and I am 27. I work in Finance but in my spare time I LOVE to read and blog about books. I am fairly new to blogging, I just started my blog back in February. I started blogging because I not many of my friends are as big of readers as I am and I wanted to connect with others out there  to discuss books and I wanted an outlet to express my thoughts and opinions on the books I love. It has definitely gone from a hobby to an obsession but I love it.



Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. 
I am reaching out to the blogging world from Seattle, WA. A not so unknown fact about Seattle is that it rains A LOT here, especially from November to June. I feel like a vampire when the sun comes out. However, Seattle is gorgeous in the summer time and there are so many things to do.


What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013? 
I just finished reading Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan last night so I am trying to decide what to start reading tonight when I get home from work. I have a purchasing problem on Amazon so I have a ton of unread books on my Kindle.


Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? 
I do a Saturday feature on my blog called "Saturday @ Starbucks" and I have a lot of fun with it because I get to feature my favorite Starbucks drinks and discuss a bookish topic. My favorite one I have done so far would probably be my Saturday @ Starbucks #12: Discussing New Adult Novels with a Mocha. I am a NA book addict so this has been my favorite discussion.


What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? 
My favorite part of the book blogging community is all of the awesome people I have met and the friends I have made. I have had the opportunity to have amazing discussions about books that I have read and loved. I have also received so many amazing book recommendations because of blogging. My TBR has BLOWN up but I love it. I absolutely love the people who regularly visit and comment on my blog and I love stopping by their's and sharing in the love.



Today's Discussion Topic: Classic Novels

I admittedly do not read a lot of classic novels. I don't know if I have read one since I was in high school which has been almost 10 years. I do have Oliver Twist and Little Women on my kindle. I may need to pull them out of the archives and give them a shot this year. I do love To Kill a Mockingbird and The Canterbury Tales, though I have not read either one in years.


8 comments:

  1. I kind of thought you had been blogging longer, I will reach my blogaversary the month after you so. I love Little Women, it's one of my favourite books. Purchasing problem, I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand rain. I live just a handful of hours down the coast in Oregon and we get a bunch of rain too. In fact we got a super rain storm last night.

    When I got into blogging my TBR pile went from infinitesimal to outrageous. I have backed off of blogging and am still trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow Seattleite! :D I'm with you - I looove the summers here! I hope we get some not-cloudy weather soon, I can't wait to read all day in the sun. ;)

    And I totally have an ebook-purchasing problem as well. Whenever I see a title on sale that's on my TBR list, I can never resist! It's caused quite the backup on my Nook, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, Oregon definitely gets a lot of rain too. Yes, my TBR pile is out of control and my Amazon purchasing problem doesn't help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! :-) I am really hoping for some nice weather soon. Temps aren't too bad but I would love some sun. I am terrible about trolling through facebook and amazon and then one-clicking my way into a crap load more books :-) My Kindle is on overload.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica MangicaroMay 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM

    Seattle! How cool! I've never really been out West but once (to CA) but I would love to explore up there and down into Oregon! And I love that you said blogging has gone from a hobby to an obsession. I feel the same way- and I LOVE it! And yes! My TBR has BLOWN UP! Hahaha! Last summer I was rereading books because I didn't know what to read and now I have enough books to last a lifetime!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should definitely visit the Pacific NW in the summer time. It is so gorgeous and Oregon has some of the most beautiful coastlines. I totally agree, 1 year ago I was struggling to find books to read now I am struggling to decide which one to read because I have so many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. February is also my birthday month so I think I will be planning something big that month to celebrate my blogaversary. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!