Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday Blog Hop #11


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee.

This week's question is:

Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

Usually the mother isn't a character I pay much attention to but I would have to pick Julia from Slammed by Colleen Hoover. She was such an amazing mom to Layken and Kel and probably the most memorable fictional mother for me. The amazing advice she gave to Will and Layken was so perfect and sweet. She also had some pretty funny advice too!

Favorite Advice from Julia: 

"Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne"

"Never under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.-Julia (Slammed)"

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read that one and I don't know if I will... Seems good though:)

    Followed via GFC

    Christie @ The Shadower's Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It is a series that I really loved. :-)

      Delete
  2. Great answer! I got a little chill reading your answer with the quotes and remembering how sweet she was.

    Old follower : )
    CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Don't you love all of her great advice? Those were my 2 favorites thought :-)

      Delete
  3. I agree, Julia was a fantastic mom and a very memorable character.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/05/friday-56-30-feature-friday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely one of the most memorable moms for me. :-)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read that book, but she seems funny from the quotes.
    Carson @ Reader with Voice
    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gave some really good advice but also said some funny stuff. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  5. Chelsea I've seen quite a few people mention the Mom in Colleen Hoover's Slammed Series, looking forward to reading the series, to see how Mom is in this book :)

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good series and she is definitely a memorable mother character :-)

      Delete
  6. Good pick!!!! New follower :)

    http://www.myfavoriteescapereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!