Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Publication Date: November 6, 2012

 

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.
********************************
Out of all the books I have read dealing with the topic of sexual assault, I have to say that I like the way Tammara Webber handled it the best. She utilized female liberation and strength to show that women have power too and that no man can take that away from them.

Jacqueline is probably one of my favorite female characters from all the new adult novels I have read this year. She evolved into such a strong and empowered woman. She didn't let what happened to her define or control who she would be. Instead, she took matters into her own hands and she learned how to protect herself. Along the way, she also learned how to be an independent woman. Lucas helped her realize who she really was and what it was like to be with someone who treated you equally. She thought she loved Kennedy but being with Lucas helped her find her true self.

I loved Lucas! He was the perceived bad boy but was actually really smart and kind and sexy. He surprised Jacqueline so many times and I think it would have been impossible for her not to fall in love with him. I did not expect the secrets he held from his past but the fact that he overcame them and became who he was made me fall for him even more. I also really liked Erin and how supportive she was with Jacqueline. She is the kind of best friend you want to have around. She never doubted her and she encouraged her to take control of the situation. If it wasn't for Erin, I don't think Jacqueline would have been as strong as she was.

This book was so well written with an excellent plot and fantastic characters. There was a perfect amount of depth to the story and the characters were developed so well. It covered a serious topic in a very realistic manner. This is my first Tammara Webber novel but I will definitely be checking out more of her books after reading Easy.
***************************
Favorite Quote:
"If someone asked me How does this compare to kissing Kennedy? I would have answered, "Who?" ~ Jacqueline (Easy by Tammara Webber)


IPOD Picks:
"You Make it Real" by James Morrison
"Chasing the Light" by Matt Kearney
"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson



Sources
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover Photo: Goodreads

8 comments:

  1. Tammara Webber did handle the issues in Easy beautifully and I'm glad you enjoyed it because I did too! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Florentine van DoornmalenMay 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

    Great review! Sounds like a really nice book and I love the quote you showed us:)

    Florentine
    @ Readiculously
    Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is a really good book and I highly recommend it if you like reading new adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I really did enjoy and agree that it was handled beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this too, it was the first NA I read and it set the bar high for those that followed. Totally agree the assault was well handled in an empowering way. Lucas was OK too, who am I kidding, he was perfect! Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If is was your first NA, I could definitely see you having a high bar. This is definitely one of the best I have read. Um, yeah Lucas was amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is one of those books that will pull your emotions in every
    direction at the same time. Such a perfect story and I loved it. One I
    started, I couldn't put it down, even staying up later than I should
    have. The characters were great and the story flowed well and pulled me
    in from the first page. This is the first book I've read by Tammara
    Webber and I love her writing style and look forward to reading more
    from her.

    Maycee (Zespri)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree. I absolutely couldn't put this book down. I was emotional and a beautifully written story. I can't wait to read more from her. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!