Sunday, May 26, 2013

Review: Clash (Crash #2) by Nicole Williams

Clash(Crash #2)
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: December 18, 2012



~Synopsis~
Their Romeo-and-Juliet-level passion is the only thing Jude and Lucy agree on. That, and fighting all the time . . .

Also not helping? Lucy's raging jealousy of the cheerleader who's wormed her way into Jude's life.

While trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy and also training to be the top ballet dancer in her class, Lucy knows something's going to give . . . soon.

How can she live without the boy she loves? How can she live with herself if she gives up on her dreams? If Lucy doesn't make the right choice, she could lose everything.


~Review~

I enjoyed Clash equally as much as I enjoyed the first book, Crash. I loved the continuation of Lucy and Jude's story and the struggles they face to be together despite all of the forces against them. They are in college now and they are working hard at maintaining a relationship despite the distance and the pressures of their new lives. Lucy is intensely focused on being the best dancer in her program and Jude is living the life of a college football star.

My feelings about Jude and Lucy have not changed and I still love her no nonsense attitude. She has learned to trust Jude and works really hard not to let her insecurities get in the way. However, she really struggles with the negative forces that seem to come between her and Jude and they make her question whether or not they are meant to be together. I felt like she gave in a little to those forces and let them dictate her feelings and her decisions. She really struggled internally and fought her heart with her head. Jude makes some questionable decisions, as usual, but his love for Lucy never wavers. He gives her the time and space that she needs but he is still right there for her when she wants and needs him. He knows exactly what he wants, who he wants and he never questions his feelings or his relationship with Lucy. My heart went out to Jude because he knew what he wanted and held strong on his love for Lucy. As she struggled to figure out how she felt and where their relationship fit, I felt like Jude got jerked around a little bit. In the end, Lucy received advice from an unlikely source and she ended up really growing.

Just like the first book, I really liked the writing in Clash. The plot was carried through really well and it flowed nicely. The author did a really good job touching on the subject of young love and the forces that can cause doubts and problems for a couple at that age. I loved the growth of the characters and the realizations that they experienced and shared with each other in the end. I was satisfied with the ending of this book and I look forward to reading the final conclusion to their story.
~Quote~
"Love is just as much suffering as it is sweetness. If it was perfect, that's what they'd call it. They wouldn't call it bittersweet." ~Clash by Nicole Williams


~IPOD Picks~
"A Drop in the Ocean" by Ron Pope
"Both of Us" by B.o.B
"Marry Me" by Train



Sources
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover Photo: Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. Jenea WhittingtonMay 26, 2013 at 7:12 AM

    I have the first book in this series, and I really liked it. I should definitely reading the second and this one. :) Great review. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I agree Jude was jerked around a lot in this one. Lucy's insecurities just overtook her. Can't wait to start up the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I understood her fears because it was such an intense and serious relationship at that age but I liked Jude and felt bad for him. I am really looking forward to finishing the third book and seeing how it all ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wickedly DeliciousMay 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

    Great review. I have book one on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I really liked the first book too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!