Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA Day 2: Part 1 Blogger Development


So it is day 2 of Armchair BEA and the we are discussing Blogger Development and Fiction Genres. I am a newbie blogger, having only started my blog back in February but I feel like I have grown and developed my blog so much since then.

Tell us about things you've done to expand your blogging horizons, and the things you'd like to do but haven't managed (or figured out) yet. 

When I started blogging, it was a spur of the moment thing. I had been reading so much but didn't really have an outlet for discussing my books. I hopped on blogger, picked a simple design and titled my blog Chelsea's Bookshelf Blog. I joined Book Blogs networking site and it has been tremendous in helping me connect with other bloggers. After a few weeks of blogging and starting to get the hang of things, I decided that I wanted a more unique name for my blog so I came up with Starbucks & Books Obsession because I have a serious obsession with both things. I drink A LOT of Starbucks and I read A LOT of books. I got a lot of positive feedback when I changed it so I am really happy with that decision. 

Since I have started, I have also re-designed my blog a little to really showcase my title. I changed up the layout a bit and I created my own collage header. I am really happy with the changes and how it is coming along. I would really like to have a button for my blog but I am not a computer genius (I work in Finance) so that is something I would like to do but haven't managed yet. 




12 comments:

  1. Greetings! I love the way you changed up your blog. Although I haven't seen the old version, I love the new look. Your blog looks great for being a "newbie."

    Kathleen @ http://www.smsnonfictionbookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This fits a little more with my personality and my blogging so I am really happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your header, it shows your reading taste at a glance. I'm getting a header and button designed and can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That is exactly why I did that. I felt like it really represented who I am and what my blog is about. I have a blogger friend who is going to help me out with a button soon and I am excited because I really want one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding my voice to the love your header comment. And books and Starbucks...what a team I say! Love writing there and the going bookshoping. Especially handy cause most Chapters and Indigo Books have a Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do love your blog name! I, too, am a hopeless Starbucks addict. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! They definitely make an impeccable team, I know I can't have one without the other on a Saturday or Sunday morning :-) I love that most book stores have one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Of course you are :-) What Seattleite isn't?

    ReplyDelete
  9. West Virginia RedMay 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

    It took me almost a year of poking and fiddling with my blog design to get is anywhere near where I wanted it. I still see all the glaring errors and am thinking this summer might be the time to do some "painting." So 4 month? This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I know we are always our own biggest critics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love playing with my blog design. I hate to say it but I judge a blog by its design as much as I judge a book by its cover. It's fun to play around with how things look and adding different features and such to make it "me".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean, a blog design can really draw me to a blog. I love playing around with mine too, I want to make sure it represents me and what my blog is about and what books I like to read :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!