I saw this post on my friend, CeCe's blog over at Steaming Mug of Books and thought is sounded like a lot of fun.
This challenge is hosted by April over at Good Books, Good Wine. It is a new, unique challenge to put some spark back into blogging. Day 1 challenge is to Make 15 book related confessions. Here are mine!
1. I have become a New Adult addict. It seems to be the only thing I want to read.
2. I have a serious one-click addiction and purchasing problem over at Amazon. I can't stop myself! I need an intervention.
3. I will read an entire series from book 1 to the end even if I hated every single book. Yet, I have no problem not finishing a stand alone book.
4. I am 28 but I love to read young adult books and I totally swoon over the male characters in these books.
5. I sometimes watch the movie before I read the book. I hate that I do that but I can't help myself.
6. I have a ridiculous amount of books on my TBR but every week, I keep on buying more.
7. I have over 350 books on my kindle. That's probably not a lot compared to most people but it is a shocking amount to me.
8. I get severely, emotionally involved with books and can lose sleep over a particularly intense read.
9. I cannot read in silence. I need to have music playing or TV in the background. I prefer music but anything will do.
10. I have been known to spend an entire weekend in my pj's on the couch reading. It just happens, I can't control it.
11. I took a 3 year hiatus from reading, where I read maybe 1 or 2 books in a year. I am shocked that this happened because I can't imagine only reading 1 or 2 books in a week now.
12. All of these sexy, sweet book men have effectively ruined my love life and skyrocketed my standards.
13. Some of the friends I have made book blogging have more in common with me than my closest friends where I live and I haven't even met them in person yet.
14. I am a Jasinda Wilder fan girl. Falling Into You and Falling Into Us are my all time favorite books and I will tell anyone who will listen to me about them.
15. Book blogging is awesome! I love reading and discussing books and I have made awesome friends doing it and that's what matters most to me!
Can you confess to any of these?
Can I confess to any of those? Um. How about pretty much ALL of them?! This seems like a lot of fun! If I weren't on a reading NG deadline, I'd be all over doing this!ReplyDelete
I pretty much read each one going yes. Yes. Me too. YES! Especially #13 and #4 is highly acceptable. It has to be because I'm 37 and do the same damn thing. Brings new meaning to the term "cougar" and #12 forget about it! Though for me even the cocky jerks have ruined all men for me :DReplyDelete
I'll read an entire series even though I hate them too! phew. Glad I'm not the only one who do this :))ReplyDelete
#9 OMG. I don't know how you do it! I cannot read or concentrate on words with any noise whatsoever. Everything has to be completely silent.ReplyDelete
Haha! Of course :-) We're cut from the same cloth! I doubt I have the time but I couldn't resist!ReplyDelete
It's why we're all such good friends! We can pretty much say yes to everyone else's confessions. I am so glad to know I'm not the only one on #4 and #12 :-)ReplyDelete
Glad to know I'm not the only one too! :-)ReplyDelete
Haha! Everyone says that! I am definitely the odd one out. I don't know why but silence is so hard for me.ReplyDelete
Yup. Numbers 2, 3, 6, 8, 10, 12!ReplyDelete
And #14 ...I just bought 'Falling Into You' because I keep hearing about it, and it's from a self pubie!ReplyDelete
Number 11! But I think my hiatus lasted even longer. It is pretty shocking, but at the same time, I guess I just felt like doing other things at the time.ReplyDelete
And I can also wake up in the middle of the night thinking about a book and it's characters... I'm glad I'm not the only one!
My Bookish Confessions
No 12, LOL! How could anyone compare to what we read about! These guys only exist within the covers of a book!ReplyDelete
I can confess to nearly everyone except no 11, I don't think I ever took a reading break. I have slowed down a little from time to time but that's it. Reading is my constant :)
#2 One-click is way too easy!ReplyDelete
#4 I am also 28 and swooning over YA
#10 YES! Many many weekends!
#12 I've actually asked my husband if he thinks I treat him any differently now that I read pretty much 100% romance novels and he doesn't seem to think my expectations have changed. That makes me feel much better about my love affairs with my book boyfriends in the fact that at least its not messing with my real relationship : )
#13 I totally agree. I love my book buddies! I have never had a lot of friends mostly bc I found myself to be a bit of recluse but now I am realizing its bc my interests didn't line up.
#5 is probably the only one I don't agree with bc I will not watch the movie first. Even Nicholas Sparks movies I make sure to read the book quickly before I watch. I still haven't see Life of Pi for this reason.
:-) Us bloggers all have so much in common!ReplyDelete
This book is my all time favorite and I can't wait for you to read it. I hope you love it as much as I do!ReplyDelete
I don't know what was going on with me but I can't imagine going that long without reading again :-)ReplyDelete
I know, right? I recommend these books to my sister and she has told me multiple times that I have ruined her love life :-) I can't imagine ever going on a break like that one and something must have seriously been wrong with me!ReplyDelete
I have never really had a ton of "girl" friends before either and now I know why too! If only we all lived close by. Oh well, we'll just have to meet up at conferences and visit each other. At least we have twitter-verse :-)ReplyDelete
I'll have to try Falling Into You, that sounds really good!ReplyDelete
ALSO! I agree that I have way more in common with blogging friends than with my friends where I live, although I did make one of my friends where I live into a coblogger. So yay!
Agree 100% about the awesomeness of book blogging. <3
It is an amazing book! So glad you converted one of your friends! :-)ReplyDelete