Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden
Author: Jessica Sorensen


There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.

Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.

For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.

Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.

**********************************
I loved this book. Between this book and a few others I have read, I have become a huge fan of new adult books. Sometimes the topic of the female lead's angst makes me a little squeamish because I am a woman myself and couldn't imagine experiencing such tragedies during my youth. However, I love how protective and sweet the male character becomes for the girls.

I really liked Callie and found her to be a really strong character. She experienced something terrible and spent her teen years trying to move on. She let the experience dictate her actions until she got to college and decided to fight the demons and try new things and take charge of her life.I liked that she opened up to new possibilities and let new people into her life. Kayden never noticed Callie until she saved him and even though they lived completely different lives during high school, I loved that he was so much deeper and wanted to explore his attraction and interest in Callie. I loved the friendship that they built into a romance.

The story that the author built was so great and she really brought out the emotions of Callie and Kayden through me. I loved that they came together and really saved each other. The ending was heart wrenching and breath taking. The cliffhanger she left it on was insane! I really need the second book now. It is scheduled to be released in August. Also, I LOVE this cover.


IPOD Picks:
"Stay" by Rihanna
"Try" by Pink
"Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars

Sources:
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover  Photo: Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!