Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers



I really did enjoy reading Under the Never Sky and once I got into it, I couldn't stop reading until I finished it. I even moved right onto the second book because I had to know what was going to happen. I am giving it 3.5 stars only because I felt like the beginning was a little jumbled and it took me a bit to get my thoughts wrapped around what was happening. 

I enjoyed the development of Aria and Perry's relationship and how it went from disgust for one another to love. They are two people from two different worlds and I don't think that either of them ever thought they could feel that way about one another. They were both shocked to discover their attraction and feelings but once they grasped it, neither wanted to let go. I would have liked a little more character development in the first book. I don't feel like we got a real sense of who Perry and Aria really are until the second book.

I also really liked that the author wrote from the perspective of both Aria and Perry. I love when a story gives you the opportunity to be in the mind of both characters so you know how each is feeling as they experience things together and when they are apart from one another.


IPOD Picks:
Sweet Nothing by Florence Welch & Calvin Harris
Love Somebody by Maroon 5
Total Eclipse of the Hearth by Bonnie Tyler & Meatloaf


8 comments:

  1. I really need to make time to read the 2nd book in this series. There were things about Under the Never Sky I loved and things I hated, but I still think there is hope for this series to be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Through the Ever Clear yesterday and will be posting the review in the next couple days. I liked it more than the Under the Never Sky.

      Delete
  2. I am somewhat glad to see another review that talks about some Cons in this book. I also found issues with character development, especially Aria. Can't wait to see your review of the second novel! Thanks for participating in the club this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book quickly and enjoyed it but I gave it 3 stars for the lack of character development in Aria. I am glad I am not the only one to feel that way.

      Delete
  3. I actually really enjoyed this book. I gave it 5/5 stars because it was one of those that really sucked me in and I absolutely love dystopias :) I haven't read the second one yet but I bought it the same night I finished the book. I look forward to reading your review for that one, as well :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I really enjoyed it and read it in a couple days. I gave it 3 stars because I was disappointed with the character development of Aria. The second book does a much better job and I liked it even more.

      Delete
  4. I like both POVs as well. I'm glad to know more people felt the same way about the beginning. I want to read the second book to see what happens with them and see what else we find out about it. So many things I felt like we didn't completely understand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the second book so much more than the first. I love being inside the guys head as much as the girl so dual POV is awesome for me.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!