Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Jordyn by Tiffany King

Jordyn (Book 1)
Author: Tiffany King



Hand to hand combat training: Check
Cardio and strength training: Check
Daemon hunting: Check
Anomaly: Check


Check, check, check, check...That's all my life is. There's nothing ordinary about me. I'm "special." I know this because I'm reminded of it every stinking day. I can kick a Daemon's ass with both hands tied behind my back. I can run up a mountain without breaking a sweat. Know what I can't do? Get guys to notice me, or hang out with friends like normal people do. I can't just be ordinary because I have an Arch Angel for a mentor who is always breathing down my neck, and a family of angelic Guides and Protectors who scrutinize every little thing I do. Just for a day I want a life where I'm no longer some anomaly, where I don't have to feel like a lab rat. 

And then I met Emrys. Okay, so my mentor and family hate him, but probably for good reason. After-all, he is a Soul Trader, and they aren't the most trust worthy beings. But, he is sooo hot with his green eyes, leather jacket and the sexiest tattoo you've ever seen running down his back. And-he doesn't treat me like a project.

I've got myself in quite a little quandary here. Choosing between my responsibilities and the Trader that holds my heart is something I didn't sign up for. Torn between two different worlds, I must now decide who to trust and who to walk away from. What's a girl to do? See what I mean? I am an anomaly. I am Jordyn.
******************************

Jordyn is a kick ass daemon hunter. Emrys is a cunning and charismatic soul trader. From the moment they meet, they are instantly drawn to one another. Jordan doesn't know why she is so intrigued by him or what he wants from her but she can't stop thinking about him or feeling butterflies when he is around. It is instantly obvious that he is as taken with her as she is with him and despite her family's warnings to stay away from him, she can't help the magnetic pull he has on her. The question is, what does he really want and why is he really there?

I loved Jordan! She is probably one of my favorite female leads in a while. I love her snarky attitude and her general awesomeness. I love that she maintains her cool demeanor around Emrys even though she is a puddle of goo on the inside. He is charismatic by nature and she doesn't let that affect her. She cuts to the chase and calls him on his crap. I think that is why he is so intrigued by her. Emrys is sexy as hell from the beginning and I loved him. He is so charming and he has a way with words that turned me into a puddle. I love the interaction between Jordan and Emrys and how perfect they seem to be for each other.

The majority of the book was spent building up the relationship between Jordyn and Emrys and her training and relationship with her guardians in an effort to prepare us for the plot of the series. I felt like the plot wasn't really revealed until the end of the book so I was definitely left hanging on the edge at the end, especially since so much related to the series plot was revealed but left hanging. I also loved that this is a spin-off of the Saving Angels series and didn't realize that until I started reading it so I was pleasantly surprised. I am looking forward to the next book so I can see how Jordyn handles all that was revealed to her and how the plot will take hold.


IPOD Picks:
"Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keyes
"Daylight" by Maroon Five
"Punching in a Dream" by The Naked and the Famous



Sources:
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover Photo: Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!