Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #1: Apollyn



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This event highlights the upcoming books we are biting our nails for. I am new to book blogging and this is my first WOW event. I am super excited to participate and add this event to my blog.

This week's pick is Apollyon by Jennifer Armentrout
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
Expected Release Date: April 9th, 2013


Goodreads Synopsis:

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself


I absolutely love Jennifer Armentrout and The Covenant Series is one of my absolute favorites. I cannot wait until this book comes out and I am literally counting down the days! 


Other books in the Series:
Daimon (Pre-quel Novella)
Halfblood
Pure
Deity
Elixer (Novella)


10 comments:

  1. I just read my first book from this author and really liked it, so this book is definitely being put on my TBR list. Great choice!

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While you wait for this to come out, you should read the first books of the series. I hope you will love them as much as I do :-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't started this series yet but I'll be adding them to my list:)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite series. I hope you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I've heard such good things about this series, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I need to read something by this author because people love her.

    My WoW "Waiting On" Wednesday (#2) Isla and the Happily Ever After
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is my favorite author! Read one book and you will be hooked :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm really behind in this series but I'll definitely catch up in time for this one! Great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to. Deity was amazing, one of my favorites!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!