Monday, March 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Books I Recommend the Most


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we list our top ten picks for the topic. This week's topic is:

Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most

I could easily name more than 10 books that I would recommend so I decided to pick my top recommendations from a few of my favorite categories.

Books that Make me Blush
Tempting the Player by J.Lynn- This is one of my all time favorite books.

Someone Like You by Addison Moore- There are some definite blush-worthy moments in this book.


What the world might be like in 50-100 Years
Divergent by Veronica Roth- New favorite Dystopian novel. Teenagers in the future sure do grow up a lot faster.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- I'm hoping this is more than 100 years into the future. The government would be seriously messed up.


If Angels, Demons and Vampires Exist
Stained by Ella James- This book has one of the hottest demons of all the books I have read.

Captured by Erica Stevens- A human who tames a wild vamp, I love it!


Unforgettable Books from my Molding Years
Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns- I haven't read this book since middle school but it is one I will never forget.

 Are you there God, It's Me Margaret by Judy Bloom- What pre-teen girl didn't read this book? How else were we supposed to learn about periods.


The Wonderful World of Witchcraft & Wizardry
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- It's Harry Potter, enough said!

Dark Summer by Lizzy Ford- This book was on the darker side and I loved it.




What books would you recommend?


18 comments:

  1. I really need to read Divergent soon! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/03/25/mostrecommended/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard a few bloggers out there who didn't like Divergent but I was enthralled with it. Definitely a must read for me :-)

      Delete
  2. I am convinced; I am the only blogger in the universe who didn't like Divergent. :/

    I love your list! I'm definitely interested in Stained (hot cover and sexy demon? I'm in!), and Hunger Games and Harry Potter should be required reading for all bookworms.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the wonderful thing about reading, each person has their own opinion. You aren't the only one, I have heard a few bloggers who weren't fans. To each their own :-)
      Stained is a really good paranormal book. It is the first of a 4 book series and I loved them all. I agree about Hunger Games and Harry Potter, even if you don't like them, still got to check them out :-)

      Delete
  3. Great list, I like the way you broke it in to categories.
    Loved Divegent, it made my list too. AYTGIMM - I loved this book so much when I was younger, I can still hear them chanting 'we must, we must, we must increase our bust!'.
    Stained and Captured - both sound good, will check them out further.
    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Divergent is a new favorite of mine. AYTGIMM is one of the most unforgettable books I have ever read :-)

      Delete
  4. Great list! HP forever! ;D And I see we share some others as well.

    Happy reading!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Like I said, it is Harry Potter, nuff said :-)

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree with The Hunger Games and Harry Potter! Although these days I find it hard to find people who haven't read them, lol. Even my boyfriend and all of his friends have read The Hunger Games books now :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, not many people who love to read haven't read those 2 yet. :-)

      Delete
  6. Great list!! I really want to read the The Gample Brothers(I think thats what its called) series. I love Jennifer L. Armentrouts other books and it also looks really god :D
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the Gamble Brothers. Tempting the Player is my favorite. The third book, Tempting the Bodyguard will be out in November. Read Tempting the Best Man first. :-)

      Delete
  7. Yay for HP! And HG and Divergent! All great picks! Someone to Love also looks really good!! Gonna have to check that out!

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I had to put those ones on my list. If you are up for blushing, definitely read Someone to Love.

      Delete
  8. Great list! I really want to read Tempting the Player, 'cause I love JLA's books, and I've heard it's very good. Also, I think this is the only one of her books I've yet to read.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempting the Player is one of my all time favorites. I have read it like 3 times. I just love those sexy scenes.

      Delete
  9. OH! Tempting the Player. I think I have the first one in that series on my Kindle, so I'll definitely need to get to it!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Tempting the Best Man is really good but Tempting the Player is even better. Definitely recommend reading them! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!