Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Series I'd Like to Start but Haven't Yet



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we list our top ten picks for a particular topic. This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Series I'd Like to Start but Haven't Yet

I am new to blogging and this is my first Top Ten Tuesday and I am super excited to be able to participate. I love making lists so I know that I am going to enjoy being a part of this feature. I have over 150 books on my Amazon wishlist and I know many of them are series so her are my top ten for this week.

1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
All of my friends and family keep asking me if I have read these yet and I keep telling them no but I want to. This has been going on for months and I'm still not sure why I haven't picked them up yet.

2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
This series came up on Amazon as a recommendation to me based on my wish list and searches quite a while ago and I added it to my wish list. I have come across it several times when deciding which book to read next but haven't gotten to it.

3. The Ender Quintet by Orson Scott Card
I heard about this series last year when Hunger Games came out and never thought anything of it. I came across it again recently as an Amazon recommendation after I read Divergent and added it to my list.

4. Legend Novels by Mary Lu
This is another recent Amazon recommendation based on Divergent and I think it sounds really exciting.

5. Delierium Series by Lauren Oliver
I actually just bought the first book to this series and I look forward to reading it.

6. Midnight Fire Series by Kaitlyn Davis
I bought the first book in this series, Ignite, a while ago and I just haven't started it yet.

7. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I hadn't heard of this series until I saw the movie preview for the first one. I looked them up after that and added them to my wish list but I haven't gotten a chance to start them.

8. Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand
I have had these books on my llist for a while and I am not sure why I haven't gotten them yet.

9. All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
I just recently came across the All Souls Trilogy and think it sounds very interesting.

10. Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol
I have had Premonition on my list for a really long time and honestly don't know why I haven't started reading them yet. They have great reviews and I can't wait to check them out.

Those are my picks for this week's Top Ten. I would love to hear thoughts and recommendations from those who have read any of the above. Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. Great list! I still need to read the Delirium and Mortal Instruments lists, too. I absolutely love the Unearthly series and would highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I will definitely have to check Unearthly.

      Delete
  2. Legend and Delirium are both amazing series! Great list.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Recommendations! I checked out yours and you have a great list too!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the world of book blogging! You're going to love it here -- we have tons of fun :) TTT is a great way to get in on all the action. I always find new book blogs doing memes like this and I've been hanging out here for a LONG time. Glad to have found YOU via TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome Susan! I am loving it so far and this is a great way to meet new bloggers. I am now following you, follow back if you would like.

      Delete
  4. 50 Shades! Haha. I read this series because I felt I had to. The were interesting. They were so poorly written that I wanted to pull my hair out, but at the same time they were kind of compelling. Total fiction.

    My Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#2)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the insight Lisa! I have heard the same things which is why I have been reluctant to read them.

      Delete
  5. MORTAL INSTRUMENTS! SOOOO good. Definitely a series you need to read. Same with Legend. I love that series. I also have Hush, Hush on my list. I've heard so many great things about it, but I never got around to reading it.
    New follower :)

    My TTT

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations Halee and for the follow. I am now following you too! Look forward to checking out more of your blog.

      Delete
  6. Fifty Shades of Grey, why not? It's interesting and breathtaking, lol.

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!