Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder

Falling Into You
Author: Jasinda Wilder


I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.
*****************************

Oh my holy heavens, this book was amazing! There are not enough words for how I felt about this book. Books can definitely pull emotions out of me but I can not remember the last time I openly cried and had tears fall down my cheeks from a book. 

Ness is in love with her best friend since childhood, Kyle. They have plans for the future and they feel perfect together. However, a tragic accident takes Kyle and Ness is left feeling empty and broken. Kyle's older brother, Colton, is the opposite of Kyle and is broken himself. A few years after Kyle's death, fate brings them together again and he is there to help her pick up the pieces and let her grief go.

I fell in love with Ness and Colton! The change in Ness was so real and powerful because that is exactly what would happen to someone like her after experiencing such a tragedy. I felt her broken heart like it was my own and the power of her conflicting emotions for Colton and the guilt because of Kyle. Colton is the exact opposite of Kyle. He is rough around the edges and has been through so much already at his age. I loved his instant connection to Nell and his need to fix her and bring her back to life. He was so sweet and tender with her and knew how to be everything she needed.

Jasinda Wilder did an amazing job on writing this story. Not only did I openly cry but I also felt a lump in my throat so often through out the book, I couldn't believe how emotional I was. She really knew how to connect the reader to the story and draw out the raw emotion of the characters so I felt like I was right there with them. The plot was so well thought out and put together. It flowed so well from scene to scene and point of view to point of view. I loved that it was split between Ness' POV and Colton's POV. As a music lover myself, I loved the addition of music to the story. It was so powerful for me. I was so sad when the book was over and I hope there will be more to Colton and Ness' story. As a warning, there is mature sexual scenes within the book (you know I have a guilty pleasure for blush worthy books.) ;-)



IPOD Picks:
"She is Love" by Parachute
"Poison & Wine" by The Civil Wars
"You Make it Real" by James Morrison
"Broken" by Lifehouse
"Count on Me" by Bruno Mars


Sources: 
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover Photo: Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful review! Already on my wish list but after reading your amazing review I need to bump it up. I love a good intense novel especially when written well where I feel what the characters are feeling. Added bonus it is a NA that is blush worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was such an amazing book. It is definitely one of my favorites for the year.

      Delete
  2. My review will come soon. But thanks again for such a powerful review, it made me read the book and find a new author to fan girl about :) Loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that my review inspired you to read this! It puts a huge smile on my face :-) I can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!