Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: The Collector by Victoria Scott

The Collector
Author: Victoria Scott
Publisher: Entangled Teen


He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried
**************************

Dante is a cocky, self-absorbed soul collector who was chosen to work on earth to collect souls after he died. He was a bad boy in life and that's what landed him in hell and his current place now. He is sent on a mission to collect Charlie's soul within 10 days but is surprised in what he finds in Charlie. She takes him on a journey of discovery and he finds things in himself he didn't know existed.

I loved Dante! He is so cocky and full of himself in the beginning and I found myself laughing out loud and rolling my eyes at him so many times. He is sexy as hell and his confidence is definitely swoon worthy even though he has an inflated ego. He evolved so much as a character and by the end, I was absolutely in love with him. In the beginning he was kind of a tool, especially the way he treated Charlie, so I was glad to see him redeem himself in the end because I wanted to dislike him but I just couldn't. I loved that Charlie was not like most female lead characters. She was gorgeous and perfect. She had flawed skin, flawed hair, and flawed teeth. However, she had a personality that dazzled the world and made her beautiful from the inside. Despite her appearance flaws, she crawled under Dante's skin and he began to notice the small things within her flaws that made her beautiful on the outside too.

I enjoyed the plot and the idea that what was supposed to be a normal job for Dante turned out to be the hardest collection he has ever had to do. The writing was great and gave me mixed emotions through out the book as some scenes were fun and light-hearted while others were much deeper and intense. It switched around so much that I felt like it was playing ping pong with my emotions and I loved it. Underneath the central plot of Dante falling for Charlie as he got to know her while trying to collect her soul, there was suspense, laughter and heartbreak. I found myself actually choking up during a few scenes. I liked the way the book ended and I am really looking forward to the next book in the series.


IPOD Picks:
"Unpretty" by TLC
"Whatever it Takes" by Lifehouse
"I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift

Sources:
Synopsis: Goodreads
Cover Photo: Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this today and cannot wait to dive in to it. "Dante makes good girls...bad" oh yes sign me up please ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked this book! I finished it in 2 days. Dante is a very sexy character :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!