Monday, March 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2: My Spring TBR List




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we list our top ten picks for a particular topic. This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books at the Top of my Spring TBR list!

I have over 200 books on my Amazon wish list so picking a top ten is difficult. There are so many books I want to read and as I read reviews and other blogger's lists, I continuously add to it. So I went through my wish list and picked out the 10 books I really want to read but haven't yet.



1. Legend by Marie Lu: I have had this one on my wish list for a while and I just haven't picked it up yet but I really want to read it.









2. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling: I LOVED Harry Potter so I am interested in reading her first adult novel. I have heard mixed reviews so I am curious to read it.









2. The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin: I read an excerpt from this novel in the back of a Good Housekeeping magazine and I was instantly intrigued. I really like historical fiction novels and this one sounds very good.








4. Timeless by Alexandra Monir: This book came up as a suggested read on Amazon for me and I was instantly intrigued by the synopsis.









5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: A couple of my friends have recommended this book to me and I loved Water for Elephants so I am interested in reading another book about the circus.








6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: A lot of people have been talking about this book and I am excited to get around to reading it.









7. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I just recently added this one to my wish list but I am very intrigued by it and looking forward to starting the trilogy.









8. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman: This is another one that I recently added to my list but I am really looking forward to reading.









9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: I am currently reading The Delirium series and I have mixed feelings about it but many people who have read it say that this book was amazing.








10. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: I read the first two books in The Wolves of Mercy Falls and I had mixed feelings about them. I really want to finish the series and see how it ends.

22 comments:

  1. I read Cinder for the first time last month and loved it! Timeless also looks really good!:) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/03/11/spring-2013-tbr-list/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to pick up Cinder soon!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Shadow and Bone and the Casual Vacancy! Great picks! *runs to add to list*

    Cinder, Legend, and Night Circus are some of my all time faves! You're in for a treat!

    My TTT -- Carissa Taylor

    Love your blog! New Follower BTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carissa! I just found Shadow and Bone but it looks so good. I think I am going to read Legend when I finish the Delirium series.

      Delete
  3. Chelsea I just finished Cinder and found it a good read. The Night Circus was absolutely amazing but unfortunately I did not really enjoy Before I Fall :(

    My Top Ten.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelica! It helps when others tell me what they liked. These 2 will definitely be new reads soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh I seriously loved Shadow and Bone. Great list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I am looking forward to that one.

      Delete
  5. I definitely preferred Before I Fall to Delirium. I wasn't crazy about Cinder, but really did enjoy Legend, and loved The Night Circus. The Casual Vacancy, The Light Between Oceans and everything by Maggie Stievfater are on my list.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard nothing but good things about Legend so far so it is my next read!

      Delete
  6. Great list -- I really need to read Legend, Cinder and Shadow and Bone!!

    My TTT

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! I know, I have so many books on my list, I might go insane! :-)

      Delete
  7. I have heard nothing but praise for Legend and Night Circus, I also really want to read them also.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am hoping to start reading both within a few weeks. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  8. Both The Aviator and Timeless look great, as do several other books on your list.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

    I'm following you back via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie! The excerpt I read from The Aviator was really good so I am looking forward to that one.

      Delete
  9. Cinder is really good, plus you don't have to wait to read Scarlet :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a very good point! :-) I hate when I have to wait!

      Delete
  10. Before I Fall is AMAZING! It was my favourite read of the year when I read it back in 2010, and I became a Lauren Oliver fan for life :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely have to check it out. I am reading the Delirium series right now.

      Delete
  11. This list is great! J.K. Rowling's new book is pretty good. It took me a while get into it, but eventually I did.

    Thanks for stopping by my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same thing about it being good but hard to get into. I think that is why I haven't read it yet.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!