Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #3: Hover


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The event highlights upcoming books we are biting our nails for.

This week's pick is: Hover (The Taking 2) by Melissa West
Published by Entangled Teen
Expected Release Date: August 6, 2013

Photo Source: Goodreads


Amazon Synopsis:

On Earth, seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander was taught to never peek, but if she hopes to survive life on her new planet, Loge, her eyes must never shut. Because in this world, pleasure is everything, held up by a ruling body that keeps their people in check by giving them what they want and closing their eyes to what's really happening around them. The only hope Loge has is to move its people to Earth, and they have a plan.
Thousands of humans crossed over to Loge after a poisonous neurotoxin released into Earth’s atmosphere, nearly killing them. They sought refuge in hopes of finding a new life, but what they became were slaves, built to siege war against their home planet. That is, unless Ari and Jackson can stop them. But on Loge, nothing is as it seems…and no one can be trusted.

___________________________________

I just finished reading the first Taking book, Gravity, and it was amazing. It was Melissa West's debut novel and I loved it. I can't believe I have to wait until August for the story to continue. You can read my review from Tuesday if you are interested.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read Gravity yet, it's on my Kindle but I haven't go around to it yet :) I can't wait to though, it looks amazing :D

    New follower :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazing! One of my favorites so far for the year. I can't wait for Hover now.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I really need to read Gravity (just read your review for that one). But... maybe I should read it closer to the release date? *moves it up on my TBR list anyway*

    Also I just have to say I love these covers - Gravity's was all glowy and blue which was great, but I'm loving the purple sort of negative-image look of this one, too.

    (My WoW)

    Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It was so good and now I have to wait until August for Hover. I love the covers! I am a cover sucker and that usually is what draws me to books :-)

      Delete
  3. I have Gravity, but I haven't read it yet! Needless to say, I can't wait for this one, either! It's on sale right now at B&N, so I'm pre-ordering, despite having not read Gravity :D

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I hope you love Gravity as much as I did!

      Delete
  4. I saw your tweet about how much you liked Gravity! I'm bummed because I had requested it from the e-library, got it, and then didn't read it in time, so now I'm going to have to re-request it, especially since you raved about it!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I inspired you to read it! :-) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete
  5. Great pick! I loved Gravity and I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until August! I need this book now :-)

      Delete
  6. I actually have Gravity, and I still haven't read it. Ugh. Need to do that and soon. Great pick.
    New Bloglovin follower


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Gravity! You should definitely read it :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow this series has some seriously great covers, I have the first book on my wishlist so hopefully I can buy or trade for it soon! I am already getting excited for book 2. Great pick =D

    MY Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! These are some of my favorite covers ever! I loved Gravity and am so excited for Hover. Definitely read it when you get a chance. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!